- Listed: August 12, 2022 11:17 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
How do credit reporting companies get my information?
Banks, credit unions, retail credit card issuers, auto lenders, mortgage lenders, debt collectors and others voluntarily send information to credit reporting companies.
Shared information includes:
- When you apply for an account
- When an account is opened
- The amount loaned or the credit limit
- The account balance
- The status of your payments
- If your account is in collection
Credit reporting companies also purchase public records like liens, bankruptcy filings, and court judgments from public records providers.
69 total views, 2 today